Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Cancer Battle

Me, Mom, and Sis
Sadly, another loved one has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  My dear friend's big sister found out that she has Stage 2 breast cancer.  I remember many years ago, when we heard someone had cancer, it was shocking and we would fear the worst.  Now, I add another name to the "People With Cancer" list, begin my prayers for that person and the family, and trust God to do what He does best...take care of His children.

What do we need to do to win the battle?  How many more names will be added to the list before we have truly won the fight?  I am thankful that I don't have to fear the worst anymore, but I would much rather go back to that feeling of shock, knowing that cancer just doesn't happen to us, and if it does then there is nothing to worry about.

Dr. Keith Black, one of the top neurosurgeons in the world, operated on my mother over 10 years ago to remove a benign brain tumor.  I wonder now, as ovarian cancer is fighting to control her body, why isn't there a Dr. Black kind of cure?   He said that he creeps up on the brain like a thief in the night to avoid disrupting normal brain function.  Why is there no thief in the night to creep into the body and destroy the cancer cells?  Why is cancer such a cancer, so ravenous and unpredictable?

Please continue to pray and fight for our loved ones who are courageous with cancer.  The battle is not theirs, it's the Lord's!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment