Monday, July 26, 2010

Gloria's First Chemo Treatment

The first was the worst
I didn’t think I would make it through
My whole being burned a flame bathed in sickening blue
The pain was bigger than an ocean wide
Nothing was making me feel better inside.

The coming of dawn brought a new day
Feeling God’s presence in a welcoming way
I gave thanks for the breath of fresh morning air
And looked in the mirror to see I had lost my hair.
God, what is next, I asked in sorrow.
Quietly He said, “You will live to see tomorrow.”
Thank you, I whispered in complete gratitude
Now let me put on my new attitude!

The pain will come and it will go
Wigs will disguise the shame I won’t show
My appetite will change as the sun rises and sets
But knowing I am still alive is as good as it gets!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and Positive !!! Stay strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Aunt Glo. Loving this Stacey!

    ReplyDelete